Based on its extensive experience in the design of gas handling systems for ethylene carriers, TGE Marine has developed cost-efficient and innovative offshore storage and shipping solutions for the evolving small-scale LNG market. TGE Marine is market leader for the new market segment of LNG bunker vessels and LNG shuttle carriers up to 40,000 m³ capacity.
- LNG tankers with IMO type C tanks: The Coral Energy and Coral Methane convincingly demonstrates the advantages of IMO type C tanks as cargo containment systems for small LNG ships due to improved operational flexibility at highly competitive prices.
- TGE Marine has a patent for the tank support structure of this type of LNG containment system.
- Ship designs with approval in principle from a classification society are available for LNG carriers up to 40,000 m³ and above with bilobe cargo tanks.
- The world largest LNG-carrier of 30,000 m³ with type C bilobe tanks has been delivered in 2015 and two 28,000/30,000 m³ ships are currently under construction at Chinese shipyards based on TGE Marine’s technology.
- In 2014 TGE Marine was awarded the contracts for gas handling systems and cargo tanks for 3 LNG bunker ships of 5k, 6.5k and 5.8k capacity with Hanjin HI, STX and SiriusVeder AB. The first ship has been delivered in 2017 from Hanjin Heavy Industries to Gas4Sea (Engie, NYK, Mitsubishi).
- LNG floating storage units with IMO type C tanks: The advantages of TGE Marine’s design approach for small to medium size floating LNG storages can be used for FSRUs (regasification barges) and FPSOs (LNG production units). In 2012 TGE Marine was contracted by Wison Offshore & Marine to supply the cargo tanks and the loading & offloading system for a 16,000 m3 LNG-FLSRU to be fabricated at Wison’s Nantong shipyard. Further TGE Marine has recently carried out a FEED (front end engineering and design) study regarding an LNG import project to the Caribbean islands consisting of two FSRUs plus a shuttle tanker, all with IMO type C tanks.